| This listing is for a new 3500 cfm, 7.5 hp, automatic reverse pulse, dust collector system. It has 6 cartridges that reverse pulse clean via a programmable timer board and solenoid valve system. This unit has a current suggested retail price of $10,500.00 USD. Discounts are available for approved distributors.
The cartridge dust collector is an excellent choice to replace the common bag-house or dust bag type collector and can be used to collect almost any dry, fine dust particulate. The cartridge offers a large amount of cleaning filter material in a very compact area. Cartridge dust collectors take up much less space than bag house collectors and offer an impressive filtration efficiency of 99.7% against 1/2 micron particles allowing for in house venting in applications that do not produce noxious or poisonous gases.
It was designed with a 14 inch diameter, abrasive resistant, inlet to extend the filter life. The filters are cleaned with an automatically actuated reverse pulse of compressed air. This unit is currently equipped with our automated pulsing package. It is effective when used while the dust collector is in operation or shut down and can be used as desired to clean filters from accumulated particulate continuously or as required. The timer board is powered by standard 120v single phase electrical connection. It is factory programmed for 3 minute intervals, completely cycling all filters once every 9 minutes when energized.
This unit is designed to deliver optimal performance when dust cake levels of 60-120-180 pounds or less are accumulated in between pulse cleaning intervals or it may remain energized for continuous filter cleaning. It is equipped with an acoustical dampening package that will meet the maximum noise levels allowed per osha regulations.
The vertical placement of filters allow for the best possible release and removal of dust from the pleated filters during pulse cleaning. Two (2) filters are cleaned at a time on this unit. It has six, 99.7 % efficient cartridges that contain 1,356 square feet of total cleaning surface area. Each 26 inch long and 12.75 inch diameter filter cartridge has pleats that are 2.375 inches deep. The center opening of the filter is 8 inches in diameter and is open on both ends before installation. Filters in this unit are a single stack set of six. They are one of the most popular filters made and can be replaced with any similar filter cartridge without regard to warranty restriction or voidance. Filters will require replacement generally once every 2-3 years on average. Some applications with high humidity, oily, fibrous, magnetic, or agglomerate particulates may reduce this substantially.
Currently, it is offered with a 7.5 hp, (208v - 230v / 460v) 3 phase TEFC motor as standard equipment ( 19 - 18 / 9 amps ). The approx. dimension of this collector is 11 ft. high, 5 ft. wide and 6 ft. deep. It is pictured with a barrel kit for 55 gallon drum disposal.
This unit is equipped with our VFD electrical package that includes the following:
- Soft motor starting: The amperage draw will not exceed the motor name plate rated amperes at any time. This reduces the initial cost of copper wiring because it is no longer necessary to consider the initial startup load. The initial startup requirements may exceed 5 times the rated name plate amperes when hard starting a variable torque application like high speed impellers. This requires over-sizing of electrical wiring, fuses and breakers to prevent motor starvation and premature failure of electrical components on startup.
- On-Off Switch: Conveniently located on the dust collector, the variable frequency drive is engaged with the push of a button. After the start command is triggered the motor will ramp to maximum velocity over ~ 20 seconds. When the stop command is received the unit will again decelerate over ~ 90 seconds and come to a complete stop.
- Thermal Motor Protection: The motor drive will constantly monitor the motor and the drive itself for any unusual spike in temperature throughout. If the temperature rises above acceptable parameters the drive will default and shutdown before any damage to the unit is sustained.
- Motor Fault and Report Monitoring: The motor drive is capable of displaying motor torque, hours of operation, actual amperage draw, percentage of motor capacity used, percentage of drive capacity used, the motor frequency in hertz, delivered line voltage and several other programmable LED display readouts. Factory settings are always in hertz frequency unless specified otherwise.
- Automatic Load Compensation Controls: The motor drive is programmed to compensate for changing load conditions. These conditions include, but are not limited to, extended length or reduced diameter of piping, blast gates and other restrictions in the air lines, atmospheric humidity, temperature and altitude adjustments, filter cartridge dust cake levels, and power supply brownout or over current conditions. With our VFD electrical package these conditions are corrected automatically through direct motor communication with the drive system. As a result, if the cfm should fall below rated levels, the motor drive will increase the motor speed to correct for this condition. The speed of the motor will continue to increase until 150% of the rated water column vacuum is achieved to restore air flow and maintain 100% load on the motor. The LED display will show this reading in real time with .1 hertz accuracy. This reading can also be used as a baseline to determine the most effective time to pulse the filters. We highly recommend the use of this system when possible. Normally located on the collector itself, this package can only be used when unit is placed inside as the controller has a Nema 1 electrical rating. For outdoor placement of the dust collector body, the VFD package must be relocated to inside the building.
Our VFD electrical package is included on this unit. Contact us with any questions you may have about your specific applications. This unit is generally in stock and ready for immediate shipment pending final electrical connections per customer specification.
Our equipment comes with a 1 year warranty against defect in workmanship or materials. We also offer an 85% return of the purchase price, excluding freight, for the return of the collector within 60 days after receipt of delivery if this unit fails to perform as described.